I’m not one of these ultra healthy raw vegans, I like chocolate and biscuits far too much! My biggest issue is that I don’t really like dark chocolate so I’ve been on the look out for very easy chocolatey dessert recipes. I’m far from a good cook especially when it comes to baking of any kind but I have realised it is easy to “veganise” almost any recipe.
I decided to look for something that required very little cooking or even better – no cooking! I came across the perfect solution for me, the option of a no bake tart. Most of the recipes contained butter or cream but I’ve had no issues swapping these for vegan alternatives.
So here is a Vegan Oreo tart…..
Ideally you need a blender but you can manage quite easily without one. I only have a tiny baby blender so the kids were more than happy to help smash the biscuits up to make the base!
Ingredients: There are only four!
Any vegan margarine – I normally use Vitalite. 2 tbsp
Oreos – 2 packs
Coconut milk – Half a tin (approx. 200ml)
Dark chocolate – Any is fine, I use the cheapest I can find. 2 large bars (Approx 300g)
How to make:
- Blend or smash both packs of Oreo biscuits for the base.
- Add 2 tbsp of melted vegan margarine to the blended Oreos. Either blend or mix well in a bowl.
- Put the base into your tin and press it down firmly covering the base of your tin. Then place in the freezer to set.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan and add the coconut milk. Mix well once the chocolate is melted.
- Take the base out of the freezer and add the melted chocolate to the top. If you have any spare Oreos you can add these to the top.
- Place back in the freezer and leave for approx. 1.5 – 2 hours and then eat!
If you have any left then place it back in the freezer for later.
I’ve made this a few times now and I’m not very careful with exact amounts (everyone always eats the Oreos!) but it has turned out fine every time.